“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” ~ Margaret Mead
Commitment to our community and passionate belief in the critical importance of literacy unite our volunteer members as we support and fund public library community programs.
Join the fun, while making a multi-generational impact for literacy! Pick from these, and more, volunteer opportunities:
- Help expand our Books for Babies program and its outreach ~ bringing literacy skills to parents and their children.
- Distribute Box Tops For Education and Labels For Education ~ helping local schools acquire needed equipment.
- Expand awareness of our participation in Albertsons, Smith’s, and other fundraisers.
- Help with grant writing.
- Update web site or other social media content.
- Sort and price donated books on Thursday mornings (between 9-11:30 a.m.).
- Research resale values of donated books.
- Help stock one or both bookstores.
- Meet, greet, and cashier in the Friends’ Shop and/or at monthly sales.
- Help set up, break down, and/or cashier at monthly one- or two-day book sales.
- Represent Friends at Chamber of Commerce and other community events.
- Write articles for, create, mail and/or distribute Bookfriends newsletters ~ increasing public awareness of and involvement with Friends and Rio Rancho’s public libraries.
- Serve on our very active Board of Directors, or as an Advisory Council member.
Friends of the Library of Rio Rancho is a very busy and dedicated team of individuals. All are passionate about literacy. All actively work towards our vision of fully funding world-class programs provided by a world-class library system to a fully and highly literate Rio Rancho community.
Email us at info@FOLRR.org or use the form below to obtain more information!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” ~~~ Margaret Mead