Monthly Book Sales are held in the auditorium at Loma Colorado Main Library, 755 Loma Colorado Dr NE, Rio Rancho.
- Second Saturday of each month (except April 4, 2020 because April 12 is Easter)
- Two-day ( Fri-Sat ) sales in May, July, and September
- Sales scheduled in 2020: Jan 11, Feb 8, Mar 14, Apr 4, May 8 & 9, Jun 13, Jul 11, Aug 8, Sep 11 & 12, Oct 10, Nov 14, Dec 12. Note that the April book sale is not the second Saturday.
- Thousands of new and gently-used paperback and hardback books
- Fiction, nonfiction, cookbooks, craft books, textbooks, computer books and more!
- Purchases fund children, teen and adult programs at both Rio Rancho NM libraries
- Book bag purchases fund the Books for Babies program
Policy for ISBN scanners, cellphones, and similar devices (“scanners”):
○ No scanners from 10 a.m. to noon
○ Scanners silent mode are OK from noon to 2 p.m.
○ Aisles must never be blocked.
○ Staffed storage area for bags and boxes
~ ~ ~
If you can help, we need people who can do one or more of the following:
- Take books out of boxes and organize them on tables before the sale
- Consolidate books onto the carts and racks after the sale
- Pack books into boxes after the sale
- Mark outdated books for the free-book cart after the sale
- Lift boxes and push carts between the Friends’ storage sheds and the auditorium before and after the sale.
Again, thanks to everyone who comes to help. We can’t do it without you! We look forward to seeing you again and others who can help this month.
~ ~ ~
***Our next sale will be held on the 14th of March. Please stay tuned for information and specifics.***