Monthly Book Sales are held in the auditorium at Loma Colorado Main Library, 755 Loma Colorado Dr NE, Rio Rancho.
- Second Saturday of each month (except April 4, 2020 because April 12 is Easter)
- Two-day ( Fri-Sat ) sale in September
- Sales scheduled in 2020: Jul 11, Aug 8, Sep 11 & 12, Oct 10, Nov 14, Dec 12.
- Thousands of new and gently-used paperback and hardback books
- Fiction, nonfiction, cookbooks, craft books, textbooks, computer books and more!
- Purchases fund children, teen and adult programs at both Rio Rancho NM libraries
- Book bag purchases fund the Books for Babies program
Updated scanner policy: From 10 am to noon, each customer may take one, 1.5 cubic foot or smaller, box of books at a time to be scanned at a designated table in the lobby. Unwanted books must be replaced in the proper areas before scanning another box of books.
No ISBN scanners or cell-phone scanners in the sale room(s) from 10 am to noon; Scanners in silent mode OK from noon to 2 pm.
~ ~ ~
If you can help, we need people who can do one or more of the following:
- Take books out of boxes and organize them on tables before the sale
- Consolidate books onto the carts and racks after the sale
- Pack books into boxes after the sale
- Mark outdated books for the free-book cart after the sale
- Lift boxes and push carts between the Friends’ storage sheds and the auditorium before and after the sale.
Again, thanks to everyone who comes to help. We can’t do it without you! We look forward to seeing you again and others who can help this month.
~ ~ ~
Cancelled: Book Sale
Saturday, June 13
Although the Libraries are partially open to pick up books and media on hold, large gatherings are still not possible. For this reason, the Friends of the Library June book sale (Saturday, June 13) is cancelled.
Because of the cancelled sales and limited storage space, we must ask everyone to continue to hold off on donations until we can have book sales again. Thank you.
The next scheduled book sale is Saturday, July 11. We hope to see you then for the special Romance book section, the special vintage Comic book section, the CDs and DVDs, and the 1000s of paperback and hardback books in the sale.
Be safe, stay well and we hope see you soon.
No ISBN scanners or cell-phone scanners at the book sale from 10 am to noon. Scanners in silent mode OK from noon to 2 pm.
Come early for the best selection.
Admission and parking are free.
To subscribe to the monthly book-sale notification email, please fill in the three blanks and click Subscribe.