Accomplishments and Plans
You ~ our volunteers, donors, members, loyal supporters and loyal customers ~ are responsible for all FOLRR’s accomplishments! You make us especially thankful for and proud of your continued dedication and efforts. Your efforts make possible the continued successful support of Rio Rancho’s public and school libraries: 34 years in 2017!
Our 2017 support of the Library and Rio Rancho includes:
- Bookstore sales of donated books.
- Monthly “2nd-Saturday” giant book sales at Loma Colorado Main Library, Jan-Oct., and Dec 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 02:00 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 17.
- Three additional giant book sales, at Loma Colorado Main Library, on Fridays May 12, Aug 11 and Oct 13, 2017.
- Internet & collector book sales of donated books.
- Membership donations.
- Frequent articles and ads within local newspapers, such as the Observer.
- Sales of collectible 1st edition and author signed books at specific monthly giant book sales.
- Sales of unique hand-made cards, many with book-related themes.
- Sales of totes/book bags in purple or turquoise.
- Sales of purple earbuds for use with the public computers or any device with a 3.5 mm stereo audio jack.
- Attending Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours events, to spread awareness of our organization and mission.
- Volunteers contributing thousands of hours of free support in sorting and pricing donations, helping with our monthly giant book sales, and managing and staffing the bookstore.
- Board of Directors contributing thousands of hours of free support managing and growing the Friends as well as participating in Friends’ activities, including sorting and pricing donations, holding the giant book sales, overseeing the bookstores, planning and holding fundraisers.
- Annual Membership Meeting and Spring Luncheon on April 21, 2017.
- Obtaining sponsors for and expanding our Books For Babies program.
- Participating in Smith’s Community Rewards program.
- Distributing thousands of collected Box Tops for Education to area schools for redemption and subsequent purchase of educational supplies.
- Sponsoring programs at Esther Bone Memorial Library.
- Sponsoring programs at Loma Colorado Main Library.
- Sponsoring programs within the Summer Reading Programs at both libraries.