Accomplishments and Plans
You, our volunteers, donors, members, loyal supporters and loyal customers, are responsible for all FOLRR’s accomplishments. You make us especially thankful for and proud of your continued dedication and efforts. Your efforts make possible the continued successful support of Rio Rancho’s public and school libraries: 33 years in 2016!
Our 2016 support of the Library and Rio Rancho includes:
- Bookstore sales of donated books.
- Monthly “2nd-Saturday” giant book sales at Loma Colorado Main Library, Jan-Dec 2016, 10:00 a.m. – 02:00 p.m.
- Four additional giant book sales, at Loma Colorado Main Library, on Fridays March 11, May 13, July 8 and Sept 9, 2016.
- Internet & collector book sales of donated books.
- Membership donations.
- Frequent articles and ads within local newspapers, such as the Observer.
- Sales of collectible 1st edition and author signed books at specific monthly giant book sales.
- Sales of unique hand-made cards, many with book-related themes.
- Supporting additional library programs through the increase of hardback pricing from fifty cents to one dollar during monthly book sales. This began on July 8, 2016.
- As a Chamber of Commerce member, attending Business After Hours events, to spread awareness of our organization and mission.
- Volunteers contributing thousands of hours of free support in sorting and pricing donations, helping with our monthly giant book sales, and managing and staffing the bookstore.
- Our Board of Directors contributing thousands of hours of free support managing and growing the Friends as well as participating in Friends’ activities, including sorting and pricing donations, holding the giant book sales, overseeing the bookstores, planning and holding fundraisers.
- Annual Membership Meeting and Luncheon on April 15, 2016.
- Seeking sponsors for and expanding our Books For Babies program.
- Participating in Smith’s Community Rewards program.
- Distributing thousands of collected Box Tops for Education and Labels for Education to area schools for redemption and use towards the purchase of educational supplies.
- Sponsoring programs at Esther Bone Memorial Library.
- Sponsoring programs at Loma Colorado Main Library.
- Sponsoring programs within the Summer Reading Programs at both libraries.