Accomplishments and Plans
Friends is especially thankful for and proud of the continued dedication and efforts of all of our volunteers, donors, members, loyal supporters and loyal customers. Your efforts have allowed us to successfully support Rio Rancho’s public and school libraries for 32 years!
In 2015, we are supporting the Library and Rio Rancho through:
- Bookstore sales of donated books.
- Monthly “2nd-Saturday” giant book sales at Loma Colorado Main Library, Jan-Dec 2015, 10:00 a.m. – 02:00 p.m.
- Three additional giant book sales, at Loma Colorado Main Library, on Friday March 13, June12, and Sept 11, 2015.
- Additional Special, Pop-up Book Sale on Thursday, June 4.
- With our April 11, 2015 sale, reintroduced use of sale-specific coupons.
- Internet & collector book sales of donated books.
- Membership donations.
- Frequent articles and ads within local newspapers, such as the Observer.
- Sales of our cookbook in our Friends’ Shop and at our monthly giant book sales.
- Sales of collectible 1st edition and author signed books at specific monthly giant book sales.
- Sales of new 2016 Book Lover’s Page-a-Day calendars during Oct & Nov Book Sales, in LCML Bookstore and at EBML front desk.
- As a Chamber of Commerce member, attending Business After Hours events, to spread awareness of our organization and mission.
- Volunteers contributing thousands of hours of free support in sorting and pricing donations, helping with our monthly giant book sales, and managing and staffing the bookstore.
- Our Board of Directors contributing thousands of hours of free support managing and growing the Friends as well as participating in Friends’ activities, including sorting and pricing donations, holding the giant book sales, overseeing the bookstores, planning and holding fundraisers.
- Annual Membership Meeting and Luncheon on April 17, 2015.
- Seeking sponsors for and expanding our Books For Babies program.
- Participating in Albertsons Community Partners program.
- Participating in Smith’s Community Rewards program.
- Distributing thousands of collected Box Tops for Education and Labels for Education to area schools for redemption and use towards the purchase of educational supplies.
- Sponsoring programs at Esther Bone Memorial Library.
- Sponsoring programs at Loma Colorado Main Library.
- Sponsoring programs within the Summer Reading Programs at both libraries.