The mission of the Friends of the Library of Rio Rancho Inc. is to support and promote library programs and to expand community involvement with the Library’s services and facilities.
Friends of the Library of Rio Rancho, Inc. (“FOLRR” or “The Friends”) is :
- All-volunteer membership organization
- Incorporated in 1982
- 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit
Board meetings are open to the public and are usually 6 p.m.-8 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month.
April Annual Membership Meeting includes Board elections, guest speakers, a luncheon for our members, plus Volunteer of the Year recognition and award.
Members’ Holiday Luncheon is in December.
Members receive a 10% discount at the bookstore within Loma Colorado Library.
- Sales of donated books in our two bookstores, online, and at monthly book sales.
- Memberships and financial donations.
- Fundraisers: The Friends participate in the Amazon Smile program. When buying from Amazon, go instead to its smile.amazon.com. Same prices and same selection, but 0.5% of what you buy will be sent by Amazon to the Friends. (No personal information is sent to the Friends, just the 0.5% from everyone’s purchases over 3 months.) The first time, you will be asked what charity you want to support, or you can go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/85-0307889 to automatically select the Friends. It’s fast and easy; a painless way to support the Friends.
Funding Priorities :
- Quality programs and library events, for all ages, held within Rio Rancho’s two public libraries.
- Literacy programs including Books For Babies, Summer Reading programs for children and adults.
- Thank you for supporting library programs!
Why become a member of the Friends?
Friends of the Library of Rio Rancho, Inc. manages gifts, donations and raises funds for literacy (such as Books for Babies) and library programs that benefit Rio Rancho’s residents. Money and items donated to Friends of the Library of Rio Rancho, Inc. are tax deductible to the extent of the law. Receipts for donations are available in the Friends’ book store within Loma Colorado Main Library.
The Friends is not the Library nor part of the Library system (which is a department within the City government). The Friends is not the Library Trustees. (The Trustees are City appointed representatives from the six council districts within Rio Rancho. Their purpose is to advise the City Council on library issues.)
We are a completely separate, all-volunteer, non-profit, entity with our own members and Board of Directors.
Book donations are added to the Library’s collection, or sold online, in the two Friends’ bookstores, or at the monthly book sales. Profits from the sales support Library programs.