As of July first 1,542 people, including 276 adults, had signed up for the Summer Reading Program. This is up from 400 people last year! Money from the Friends’ book sales and book stores funded the activities, prizes, performers and speakers that made the summer reading program so successful.
A few of the new grants that the Friends funded this month:
- Prizes, starting this fall, for the popular Family Game Night on the second Tuesday evening of each month.
- Refreshments for Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll a monthly program featuring two albums from the Library’s collection: a more recent selection (3-5 years old) and an older one (30-50 years old) with similar themes.
- The multi-generational Celtic Steps group that has performed Celtic step dancing many times at the library and is always well received.
Help fund more programs. Come to our sales!
Special Two-Day Bag-of-Books Sale
Friday Sept. 13 and Saturday Sept. 14
Loma Colorado Library Auditorium
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each Day
On Sept. 13 and 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day, thousands of gently-used books and media will be available during a special two-day bag sale.
- Bring your sturdy Friends’ tote and fill it for $5
- Take a free Friends’ paper bag and fill it for $5
- Buy a Friends’ tote for $3 and fill it for $5 more
- No other bags will be accepted
Individual books and media are also available at the usual low sale prices:
- Children’s books are 50¢
- Paperback books are $1
- Hardback books are $2
- CDs from $1
- DVDs and Blu-rays from $2
- Audio books on CD are $3
- Coffee-table books are $4
No ISBN scanners or cell-phone scanners at the book sale from 10 am to noon. Scanners in silent mode OK from noon to 2 pm.
Come early for the best selection.
Admission and parking are free.
Whatever the occasion, please remember that Friends participates in the Amazon Smile fundraising program. When buying from Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com. When asked what charity you want to support, please select Friends of the Library of Rio Rancho. Thank you for supporting Friends of the Library of Rio Rancho!