~ Literacy is the road to human progress and the means through which every man, woman, and child can realize his or her full potential. – Kofi Annan
What do public libraries and literacy mean to you?
- The pride you felt receiving your first library card.
- Your child’s delight in Baby Bumblebees.
- Joy preparing or receiving a Books for Babies packet.
- Enjoying summer reading programs & incentives for children and adults.
- Quality musical and artistic entertainment, and guest speakers.
- New friendships.
- Making multi-generational improvements through gifts of literacy.
- Opening minds and doors to futures never previously imagined or known?
Come share those positive meanings and experiences! Join Friends of the Library of Rio Rancho. Together we help fund these and more programs, through great community support, thousands of volunteer hours, fabulous members, and greatly appreciated donations of new and gently used books. Enjoy a variety of volunteer opportunities, and gain a number of new friends, too!
Click Sitemap for more about your donations, upcoming events, and Friends of the Library of Rio Rancho.
Important to everyone: “Community Empowerment through Literacy.” Visit Tutoring Adults to tutor an adult.