Board of Directors
Friends’ members can be of any age. Its active board of directors and officers must each be 18 years of age or older when elected.
Board members are elected during the Annual Membership Meeting that is held in April each year.
- Every year approximately one-third of the board members’ terms expire.
- A director’s term is three years.
- Current bylaws set no maximum to the number of terms a director, if elected, may serve.
Officers are elected by the board at the first board meeting following the Annual Membership Meeting, which is usually in April. The 2014 meeting was held on Friday, April 4.
- An officer’s term is one year.
- An officer may serve only a maximum of two consecutive terms.
FOLRR has no maximum limit on the number of directors who can serve concurrently on the board. Because this is a very hands-on, participatory board, participation in monthly book sales, luncheons, retreats, and every board meeting is needed and expected. The more ideas and hands, the better for the organization and, ultimately, the community!