Accomplishments and Plans
The Friends is proud of our accomplishments and our 31 years of service to the community through our support of Rio Rancho’s public and school libraries. We are especially proud of the continued dedication and efforts of all of our volunteers!
In 2014, we are supporting the Library and Rio Rancho through:
- Bookstore sales of donated books.
- Monthly “2nd-Saturday” giant book sales at Loma Colorado Main Library, Jan 2014-June 2014, 10:00 a.m. – 01:00 p.m.
- Longer monthly “2nd-Saturday” giant book sales at Loma Colorado Main Library, July 2014-Dec 2014, 10:00 a.m. – 02:00 p.m.
- Additional giant book sales at Loma Colorado Main Library on Friday March 7, June13, and Sept 12, 2014.
- Internet & collector book sales of donated books.
- Membership donations.
- Frequent articles and ads within local newspapers, such as the Observer.
- Sales of our cookbook in our Friends’ Shop and at our monthly mega book sales.
- Sales of collectible 1st edition and author signed books at specific monthly giant book sales.
- As a Chamber of Commerce member, attending Business After Hours events, to spread awareness of our organization and mission.
- Volunteers contributing thousands of hours of free support in sorting and pricing donations, helping with our monthly giant book sales, and managing and staffing the bookstore.
- Our unpaid Board of Directors contributing thousands of hours of free support managing and growing the Friends as well as participating in Friends’ activities, including sorting and pricing donations, holding the giant book sales, overseeing the bookstores, planning and holding fundraisers.
- Seeking sponsors for and expanding our Books For Babies program.
- Distributing thousands of collected Box Tops for Education and Labels for Education to area schools for redemption and use towards the purchase of educational supplies.
- Sponsoring programs at Esther Bone Memorial Library.
- Sponsoring programs at Loma Colorado Main Library.
- Sponsoring programs within the Summer Reading Programs at both libraries.